Sawtooth Tax & Accounting is looking for an experienced tax manager who wants to keep their skills sharp while enjoying the lifestyle a flexible work schedule allows. If you’re looking for a professional firm that values family, community, and personal well-being, as well as providing excellent client service and opportunity for continued professional growth, then a position with Sawtooth Tax & Accounting is the place for you.
Diverse client interaction will allow you to highlight your expertise as an advisor, not just a tax preparer. You will need to utilize your strong analytical skills to enable effective decision-making specific to client needs and goals. While some tax preparation may be required, especially for complex individual or business returns, other responsibilities will include working directly with clients to review and apply accounting and tax principles, consulting regarding client needs and working with internal management and staff as a leader in the firm. 40 hours (or more) will be required during busy season (early January thru mid-April) with primary responsibilities of reviewing tax returns based on experience and providing other basic accounting, research or client services with prior experience. Outside of busy season, a flexible schedule with reduced hours will allow you to enjoy family and friends, as well as pursue hobbies and interests outside the public accounting arena.
Our offices are located in Enterprise, Oregon and Ketchum, Idaho. Consideration will be given to a remote candidate with strong work ethic, excellent time management and independent initiative. Compensation and benefits commensurate with experience and availability.
- Review individual and entity tax returns.
- Frequently interface with client personnel to review and apply accounting and tax principles
- Contact clients by phone or email to effectively provide timely and professional service to meet client goals and needs
- Review files to ensure that they possess the necessary signatures, contain the necessary supporting documentation, and comply with filing due dates
- Perform detailed review on tax returns, research, and compliance work with an emphasis on calculations, accounting theory, and tax law compliance, depending on experience
- Perform all work in compliance with the firm’s policies and procedures
- Maintain technical tax skills through on the job training and participation in internal tax training sessions
- Other duties may be assigned
Minimum Required Experience, Education, And Certifications
- 2 or 4-year accounting degree or equivalent experience preferred but not required
- 3 plus years of tax return review experience preferred but not required
- CPA, Licensed Tax Consultant, or EA license preferred
- Prior experience with a public accounting and/or professional services firm required
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat and Tax software (UltraTax preferred)
- Solid written and oral communication skills
- Excellent client service orientation with an ability to handle pressure in a positive, professional manner
For more information or to apply, please send a cover letter and resume or inquire for an application to firstname.lastname@example.org.